Bylaws of the
Taiwanese Junior Chambers of Commerce of North America
(This Bylaws was reviewed and approved by the Board of Directors effective June 24, 2006)
The organization shall be known as the Taiwanese Junior Chambers of Commerce of North America (“TJCCNA”). Initially, the organization shall affiliate with and exist under the guidance and support of TCCNA.
The organizational region of TJCCNA shall encompass all of the territories of North America; including the United States, Canada, and Guatemala.
The TJCCNA is a non-profit organization. It is not affiliated with any political or religious group.
The purpose of the organization is:
(a) To establish a network as well as a model blue print for the organization of similar local chapters.
(b) To promote entrepreneurship and career goals.
(c) To promote mutual contacts, friendship, and exchange of information and ideas among TJCCNA members and to assist each other in the development of their enterprises.
Mission Statement: To build a network of Taiwanese Generations which will act as a resource for future developments on the community, corporate, national, and international level.
The TJCCNA is affiliated with the TCCNA and is under the guidance and financial support of the organization, therefore, the TJCCNA is responsible for reporting to the parent organization’s Board of Directors, its President, and the TCCNA Advisory Board.
(1) Applicant as a chapter shall submit a written inquiry, with the sponsorship of local senior chapter.
(2) Membership is based on either of the following conditions:
a. Sponsorship of a local TCCNA chapter, OR
b. Sponsorship of a local TJCCNA chapter
OBLIGATIONS AND RIGHTS
Section 4.1 Obligations
(1) Each member shall comply with the TJCCNA Bylaws.
(2) Each member may attend the TJCCNA Board Meetings and shall pay the membership fee determined by the TJCCNA Board of Directors if any.
(3) Each member shall comply with all decisions made at the meetings by the TJCCNA Board of Directors.
Section 4.2 Rights
(1) Each member may participate in all activities and enjoy all services provided by TJCCNA
(2) Each member shall have rights to vote, to nominate, to impeach, and to make motions of suggestions for review to the TJCCNA.
TJCCNA BOARD MEETING
Section 5. Board Meetings
(1) The TJCCNA Board Meeting shall be the highest decision-making body of TJCCNA.
(2) The TJCCNA Board Meeting shall be called for by the President and held at least once every year. A special Board meeting may also be called through a written petition submitted by the one-half (“1/2”) of the TJCCNA Board of Directors.
(3) At least one-half of the TJCCNA Board of Directors must be present in person or by written proxy to constitute quorum.
(4) A majority of the votes at the meeting shall be required to approve any decision. Only TJCCNA Board members may vote at the meeting.
(5) A written notice of date, time, place, the purpose, and the nature of the meetings must be delivered to all members no less than fourteen (14) days before the meeting. Mailing of the notice to the members’ home or email address on the TJCCNA membership list shall be considered delivery.
(6) The annually required TJCCNA Board Meeting shall be held before July 1.
THE BOARDS AND OFFICERS
Section 6.1. Organization
(1) There are three organizational components:
a. Board of Directors (“BOD”) The BOD shall consist of TJCCNA Local Chapter Representatives.
b. Advisory Board (“AB”) The AB shall consist of First Generation Supporters, including the TJCCNA Young Professional Service Committee Chair, and TJCCNA founding chairman and past presidents.
c. Officers consist of President, Vice-Presidents, Secretary General, and Treasurer.
(2) The term of each Board session shall be one (“1”) year.
(3) The BOD shall elect the President. The President shall appoint a Secretary General and a Treasurer.
Section 6.2. Function
(1) Subject to Board meetings, the BOD shall be the highest decision making body of the TJCCNA.
(2) At least one-half (“1/2”) of the Board Members in the BOD shall be present to constitute a quorum for a BOD meeting. Except where explicitly specified otherwise, a majority of the Board Members present is required to approve BOD decisions.
(3) The President shall represent the TJCCNA to the general public.
(4) The President shall call and preside over regular Board meetings.
(5) The President may call for special Board meetings as needed.
(6) The Vice-President shall in general assist the President in discharging the presidential responsibility. The Vice-President shall serve as Acting President if the President is temporarily unable to serve. The Acting Vice-President shall have the full authority and responsibility of the President.
(7) If the President is unable to complete her or his term, the Vice-President shall assume the presidency to serve the remainder of the Board session. Upon such succession, or when the Vice President is unable to complete her or his term, the Board shall within thirty (“30”) days elect from the Board members a new Vice President. If the President and the Vice President are simultaneously unable to complete their respective terms of office, the Board shall within thirty (“30”) days elect from the Board members a new President and a new Vice President.(8) Board members, with at least one-half (“1/2”) of the Board members’ consenting, may call special Board meetings.
Section 6.3. Duties
The duties of the BOD are as follows:
(1) To set operating policies for the TJCCNA;
(2) To implement the BOD election and impeachment;
(3) To elect and/or impeach the Officers of TJCCNA;
(4) To implement and revise all provisions of the Bylaws and to transact general business of the TJCCNA;
(5) To protect the TJCCNA reputation and assets;
(6) To plan and to oversee the TJCCNA activities;
(7) To review, to approve, and to allocate the TJCCNA financial plan;
(8) To approve and/or to remove Executive Advisors.
The duties of the AB are as follows:
(1) To assist in the development and stability of the BOD;
(2) To supervise the proper implementation of the activities approved by the BOD;
(3) To audit the BOD business execution,
(4) To audit the BOD financial balance sheet.
Section 6.4 Terms of the BOD and Officers
(1) The term of the Officers is one (“1”) year, commencing on July 1 and ending on July 1 of the following year.
(2) The term of the BOD is one (“1”) year, commencing on July 1 and ending on July 1 of the following year.
Section 6.5 Election
(1) All TJCCNA shall complete its general elections before July 1.
(2) The President and Vice President cannot serve more than two (“2”) consecutive terms.
Section 6.6 Impeachment
(1) The Board members, including the Officers, may be impeached for willful misconduct or gross negligence resulting in violations of these Bylaws, the spirit of the TJCCNA, or the laws of the United States of America. At least one-third (“1/3”) of the BOD members must sign a petition for the impeachment of a Board member in order for the BOD to consider an impeachment.
(2) If two-thirds (“2/3”) of the BOD members agree to the motion of impeachment, the recall action shall be taken immediately.
(1) The Board shall have the power to form working committees when it is deemed necessary or advisable to perform the functions and activities of the TJCCNA.
(2) The President shall appoint working committee chairpersons with the advice and consent of the BOD.
(3) The immediate past President of the TJCCNA shall serve one year in the EAB and participate in the BOD meetings and working committee meetings in person or by electronic means.
Annual Conference Committee: Annual Conference Hotel Facility, Host hospitality, Local attraction, Registration, Speaker & Seminar/Workshop Event.
Budget Committee: Present annual budget to TJCCNA. Also coordinate Fundraiser activities.
Bylaws Committee: Review, update & recommend necessary bylaws changes & amendments.
Local Chapter Advisory Committee: To promote growth of each local chapters to have their own Junior Group, to advise & to guide if necessary.
Membership & Communication Committee: Membership Control Data, Received Chapter Delegates updates, Phone Tree & E-mail Communication within the TJCCNA Board members.
Nomination Committee: Receive nomination for officers & present to TJCCNA Board.
Public Relations Committee: Public Relations with TCCNA, the Taiwanese Commerce/Business Community, and the General Public.
Social / Event Committee: Implement Social / Networking events.
Website & Yearbook Committee: Update information to Website & Year Book.
(1) Amendments to the Bylaws shall be reviewed at the BOD meetings.
(2) The amendment petition shall be submitted to the BOD for initial review no less than thirty (“30”) days prior to the scheduled BOD meeting.
(3) The affirmative votes of two-thirds (‘2/3”) of the BOD members or by written proxy at the BOD meeting shall be required for the proposed amendments.
(4) The approved amendments shall be properly disseminated within thirty (“30”) days for review. The review period shall last for thirty (“30”) days. If there are no objections within the thirty (“30”) days review period, the amendment shall be considered approved. The BOD shall revise the Bylaws to adopt the approved. The BOD shall revise the Bylaws to adopt the approved amendments within thirty (“30”)